onsdag 30 juli 2014

Scotland 2014 Exploring Luing

The postbus took me around the island. The houses in Toberonochy seemed to be in perfect harmony with the landscape. The new windows on the roofs were just fine, I understand that modern people want more light in their houses than in old days. Here I met the old gentleman, who liked to discuss the local birds. It concerned him why the geese nowadays don´t move away - they should move north to breed, but now they often stay here. I was so sorry when the postman had delivered the post of the day and we had to leave...


The roof was - of course - made of local slate. Beautiful, but they must be very heavy. The slate quarries are now silent.




My lunch - yoghurt eaten with shortbread - on a bench in Cullipool  in silent rain was maybe not the most luxurious meal I´ve had, but it was special and the view was quite nice!

The thrift Armeria maritima likes living on the sea shore. The name Armeria is believed to come from the celtic language: ar = from and mor = sea. Latin names often tell you a lot about plants! The following day I came back to Cullypool, this time in lovely sunshine.

Inga kommentarer: