lördag 23 augusti 2014

Scotland 2014 Hello again, Edinburgh!

(3.6.2014) I felt glad when I came to Edinburgh this time: I knew where to go and Edinburgh felt a little like home after flying from Vasa to Stockholm, Arlanda and then to Edinburgh. I stayed at Motel One Edinburgh-Royal, very nice.

 I met the Duke of Wellington on his horse near the bus station in Edinburgh.

 In 1859 Arthur Conan Doyle was born near this pub. French refugees fled from Picardy in France due  to the edict of Nantes, which declared protestantism illegal. They settled here and gave their new home the name of their province in France and so Picardy place got its name.
Sherlock Holmes stalking in Picardy Place.

 The Scottish landscape is always near, even in the centre of Edinburgh.



I love our red timber houses in Finland. How can I admire these brown stone houses in Scotland? They are so beautiful!

Inga kommentarer: