onsdag 25 juni 2014

Scotland 2014, Edinburgh - For rich and for poor 1






 Holyrood Palace was closed last year and in 2005 there was no time for it, but now the Unicorn let me in. Holyrood is not a museum but a "working palace", which makes it special to visit.


The ruins of Holyrood Abbey Church next to the palace gave me the feeling the name indicates: Holyrood - The Holy Cross. Since 1128, built by King David I, it has stood here. Even as a ruin it can give the visitor a feeling of holiness.






I didn´t expect so much of Queen´s Gallery. But I was so wrong, so wrong! It was most interesting and I do recommend it. And yes, I had the permission to take photograps without the flash.

I felt sorry for these children. Soon they weren´t allowed to be children any more. The boys had to learn to be "gentlemen" who could shoot, hunt and fight with grown-up men. But if this boy was artistic, peaceful and hated this??








No love between these cousins, the Protestant Elizabeth I and the Catholic Mary Queen of Scots.  Elizabeth held Mary imprisoned for 18 years and then Mary was executed. These quarrels and wars between Christians are hardly God´s will.

1 kommentar:

Mia sa...

Oj, det där porträttet av Elizabeth I ser bekant ut, måste vara ett av de som används ofta! Har läst ganska mycket om den eran, ganska fascinerande...